In all honesty, I’ve been a little demotivated by my recent setback. As you may remember, my last relaxer I cut off over 3 inches of hair because I wasn’t happy with my ends.
Though I know it was for the best, I miss those 3 inches like crazy. Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I feel frustrated that its taking me so long to reach my hair goals. I was so used to my hair being bsl, and now I’m back to apl…..sigh.
The journey to bsl the first time was fun. I remember taking length shots every month and half, and being so excited about the prospect of growing my hair to bra-strap length. However, the journey the second time around is not as fun. Now all I think about is that I should have been making my way to mid-back length (mbl).
Anywayz, instead of just being a Debbie Downer… I’m taking all the right steps to making sure I’m back to bsl in no time. I’ve revamped my regimen and now I’m ready to roll.
My New Regimen
- I shampoo with my sulfate free shampoo 1x week on Friday (luscious moisturizing shampoo)
- I clarify and chealate 1x month (Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo)
- I deep condition 2x a week, Tuesday and Friday (Sweet Buttercream Deep Conditioning Treatment)
- I do a protein treatment 1x month or as needed (Super Phyto Restorative Treatment)
- I tea rinse 1x week on Friday after I shampoo and before I condition
Moisturize and seal:
- I moisturize and seal after every wash day on wet hair with Silky Aloe Leave-in Cream and Chi Silk Infusion/Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
- I moisturize and seal daily on dry hair alternating, with my Hydrating Hibiscus Mist, or Silky Aloe Leave-in Cream. Then I seal with an oil of my choice.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO)- I try to apply this to my scalp 2x a week as a growth aid
- I baggie my ends at least 3x a week to keep my moisture levels high
- I take Nioxin hair vitamins 1 daily
- I try very hard to drink 8 glasses a day <——– this is not working!!!! (I don’t know how people do this!)
As you can see my regimen is pretty intensive, hopefully this will help me gain maximum growth in a short period of time. Wish me luck!